A business that does not promote its products is like a man winking to a lady inside a dark room hoping to get her attention and go out with her. There are zero chances of him being successful because his target did not receive the intended message. Many business owners complain of poor sales and the complexity of online marketing despite the immense success other online businesses are experiencing thanks to blogs. Do you have a small business blog for your products or services?
Blogs are affordable and easy to use and are a necessary tool for online marketing. Below are some of the ways you can use your small business blog to build your brand online.
1. Platform for communication with customers – A blog should contain all necessary information about your product or service so that customers have somewhere to refer to in case they have any queries. Potential customers can get informed about your business and purchase the products after reading the product information on the business blog.
2. Announce new product release – Blogs serve as a cost-cutting alternative to traditional methods of advertising such as newspapers and radio. You can upload images, videos and information on a new product or service on your small business blog in order to reach your customers and draw in new ones to purchase the new product.
3. Draw more traffic to your website – You can put direct links to your website in all articles available on your blog so that potential customers can visit your website and purchase the product or service after reading an article on the blog. It is also advisable to network with successful bloggers in your industry and request them to have your blog’s address on their blogs so that more people can visit your blog and increase your sales.
4. Building brand loyalty – Attracting new customers is easier compared to retaining old customers because one needs to have them focused on your brand at all times. A good way to do this is by holding competitions on your blog where customers can visit, participate and win free merchandise or get impressive discounts for their next purchase. You can also provide affiliate links on the blog so that your customers can use them to draw in more customers for your business in addition to increasing traffic to your website.
5. Generate additional income through advertising – A successful small business blog that has a huge following attracts other companies that need advertising space for their products. This means you can sell advertising space to different businesses and gain extra income in addition to your sales revenue.
It is important to know the right keywords that appear frequently in search engines so that you maximize web traffic to your blog by naming it using these keywords as well as including them in several articles posted on the business blog. Ensure you update your blog with new information weekly to keep your customers hooked on to your brand and make room for customer testimonials on your blog since testimonials can turn a skeptic into a loyal customer.